The first computers in ESB

ESB made history on 17th June 1964 when Ireland’s largest computer installation went into operation. Previously a punch card system was in operation since 1932 in the Accounts Department. Computers were a great novelty when they first arrived to ESB Head Office and made significant changes in the ways of working for all accountancy staff and provided an enhanced service to ESB… Continue Reading