photos, film and stories from the archive at ESB
North Wall (1949-present)
This is an oil and gas station commissioned in 1949.
This is an active generating station.
Poolbeg CCGT (1994-present)
This is a gas powered station which is still active.
This station was decommissioned in 1994.
The First All-electric Demonstration House
On 11th December 1934 we opened our first all electric demonstration house to advertise and educate our customers on the
ESB Showroom, Christmas 1960
Throwback to Christmas 1960, when ESB Journal printed a special feature on our staff at our very first showroom at
Fire Rescue Heroes 1964
Read the successful brave rescue by ESB workmen from our staff journal in August 1964
Rural electrification of Terelton, Co Cork in 1957
Area: Terelton Started: December 1955 Finished: February 1957 Poles used: 1818 Line used (km): 171 Premises connected: 325 The figures
Customer Privacy Notice |
Cookie Settings |
About ESB |
Copyright © ESB 2016- 2023
Write a Comment...