Cahirciveen Power Station

On 22nd October, 1957, the Cahirciveen power station was brought into operation in Co. Kerry. After the end of World War II, the Irish Government committed to an extensive programme of bog development to be overseen by Bord na Móna. Four identical turf burning stations were built at Gweedore, Screeb, Miltown Malbay and Cahirciveen, at… Continue Reading