The First All-electric Demonstration House

On 11th December 1934 we opened our first all electric demonstration house to advertise and educate our customers on the benefits of electricity in the home and making the country ‘electricity conscious’. Our annual reports from 1934-1935 show that within three months of the opening of the house at Mount Merrion Park, over 20,000 people had visited the house.  Due to popular demand further electricity demonstration houses were opened in Ranelagh, Deangrange, Sandymount and Glasnevin. Our advertising collections give a colourful insight into the homes and the benefits of electricity to our potential customers.

all-electric-demonstration-house-annual-report-1934-1935

click on any image to start slideshow

1 Comment

Leave a Reply