Started: October 1958
Finished: April 1959
Poles used: 737
Line used (km): 59
Premises connected: 87
The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.
Black Valley was connected under this area in 1977:
Under the second stage of the Electricity Supply (Amendment) bill, the Black Valley area was connected in December 1977. Before connection many people in the area used small generators or batteries to power lights, appliances and machinery. Black Valley was one of the last mainland communities to be connected to the grid and received a lot of attention with the national press.