Rural electrification of St. Johns, Co Kilkenny in 1953

Area: St. Johns
Started: February 1952
Finished: January 1953
Poles used: 682
Line used (km): 65
Premises connected: 206


The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

The REO news from March 1953 tells us about the open air film programme at the switch on in St. JohnsSt.-Johns-R.E.O.-March-1953-P