Rural electrification of Rathmore, Co Kildare in 1951

Area: Rathmore
Started: December 1950
Finished: October 1951
Poles used: 1050
Line used (km): 91
Premises connected: 200

Rathmore-Map-portlaoise

The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

Racehorses and their paddocks had to be facilitated in Rathmore as reported in The REO News from November 1951Rathmore-R.E.O.-November-1951-P

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply