Rural electrification of Kiltyclogher, Co Leitrim in 1952

Area: Kiltyclogher
Started: June 1951
Finished: August 1952
Poles used: 788
Line used (km): 67
Premises connected: 156

Kiltyclogher-Map-sligo-big

The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

The REO News from February 1953 reports that the whole of Kiltyclogher village was lit up for the switch on ceremonyKiltyclogher-R.E.O.-February-1953-P

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply