Started: October 1952
Finished: August 1953
Poles used: 418
Line used (km): 34
Premises connected: 114
The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.
Ballyfarnon was chiefly a coal mining district reports The REO News from September 1953
The switch on ceremony in Ballyfarnon was reported on in The REO News from July 1953