Started: July 1956
Finished: December 1956
Poles used: 1154
Line used (km): 99
Premises connected: 565
The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.
Switch-on ceremony, 25 October 1956
The REO News from March 1957 reports that it was a smooth changeover from the local undertaking in Carndonagh