Rural electrification of Camross, Co Laois in 1956

Area: Camross
Started: September 1955
Finished: April 1956
Poles used: 1091
Line used (km): 98
Premises connected: 169

Camross-Map-portlaoise

The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

Camross was not a very prosperous area according to The REO News from July 1956Camross-REO-News-July-19560006

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply