Rural electrification of Ardcath, Co Meath in 1954

Area: Ardcath
Started: June 1953
Finished: March 1954
Poles used: 1023
Line used (km): 94
Premises connected: 250

Ardcath-Map-dublin

The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

The REO News from April 1954 reports that the use of electricity in Ardcath had reached a very satisfactory levelArdcath-R.E.O.-April-1954-P

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply