Rural electrification of Churchill, Co Donegal in 1959

Area: Churchill
AKA: Church Hill
Started: December 1958
Finished: September 1959
Poles used: 1927
Line used (km): 183
Premises connected: 413


The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

Churchill is steeped in history The REO News from October 1959 reportsChurchill-REO-News-Oct-19590018