Started: December 1947
Finished: September 1948
Poles used: 686
Line used (km): 59
Premises connected: 137
The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.
Post development demonstrations were always well attended as reported in The REO News from June 1948
and it was not beyond local dignitaries to wax eloquently about the scheme as noted in The REO News from July 1948