Rural electrification of Legga, Co Longford in 1956

Area: Legga
Started: July 1956
Finished: November 1956
Poles used: 1650
Line used (km): 137
Premises connected: 100

Legga-Athlone-big

The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

Rock and bog were plentiful in Legga according to The REO News from March 1957Legga-REO-News-Mar-19570018

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply