Started: December 1947
Finished: April 1948
Poles used: 913
Line used (km): 87
Premises connected: 268
The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.
Small business owners and farmers in Tinryland seemed delighted with the changes brought about by The Rural Electrification Scheme, as reported in the November 1948 issue of The REO News.
The August 1949 issue reports on the success of the sales van in Tinryland