Rural electrification of Julianstown, Co Meath in 1948

Area: Julianstown
Started: December 1947
Finished: September 1948
Poles used: 1458
Line used (km): 119
Premises connected: 327


The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.

The resourcefulness of the rural staff knew no bounds as this example from The REO News of June 1948 showsJulianstown-R.E.O.-June-1948-P