Started: April 1955
Finished: September 1955
Poles used: 1523
Line used (km): 129
Premises connected: 210
The figures above were sourced from our REO News magazine. Click here to find out more on what the figures mean. The map above shows the area boundary and is from a digitised version of the original map used during the scheme.
Click here to view the original ESB survey of the area. This document shows that the Blackwater rural area was 33sq miles in size, with an initial acceptance rate of 55%.
Pop Up Showroom
The switch on ceremony was held in the Village Square in Blackwater on 15 June 1955, and was covered extensively in the July 1955 edition of REO News: